CRIPPLER'S LAIR

Only God Can Judge Me

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Suffering In Pain

My IMF duty is finally over but i'll be missing Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. Gosh, there were so many Japanese and Korean girls streaming in and out of the ferry terminal. Apparently, their favourite place to go is Bintan and to Bintan i shall go. Haha. But what do i do there? I don't even know what Bintan has to offer. Sea sports? Trekking? The last time i went to Bintan was with JJC on some leadership camp. We stayed at a resort's camping area and we were not given the opportunity to travel around at all on our own. Thus, we couldn't explore Bintan. The Not To Land (NTL) team of mine ended our duty yesterday on a high note. We were treated to a good buffet lunch by commander of G Division in a VIP room at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (TMFT). It was delicious. There's black pepper prawns, prawn and egg salad, fried chicken, satay, rendang, manggo pudding and many more which i forgot. During the lunch session, after the commander of G Division had left, we shared some real time stories of our adventures with the commander for NTL. I was involved in our of the worst situation ever at TMFT. It was raining heavily last Sunday and the sea was choppy and the wind was strong since that morning. The waves were a bit big too. Then just before dawn, two ferries docked at two pontoons. Mimi, a reservist, was on patrol and he came upon a difficult situation. Passengers from a ferry have difficulty alighting from the ferry to the pontoon because of the stormy weather. Some SCC guys where there to help but they do not know what to do. Thus, Mimi led them to alight all passengers. This process is pain-staking and damn slow. They have to alight passengers one at a time. The ferry wobble up and down violently. There were two mishaps. One old lady rolled backwards in the ferry and a pregnant lady fell down. It was damn bad. Things seemed to get out of hand but Mimi managed to call me through the Matra set. I came as a 2nd Police Officer at the scene and it was damn chaotic. We managed to do crowd control as well as alighting of passengers. One american lady was very grateful for our kindness. What Mimi and I did were not taught in HTA or TRACOM. We were just doing extra service. Mimi and I provided the same service for another 2 ferries after which Mimi decided to go back to the Ops room, leaving me behind with Munaf and Sazali to deal with 2 other ferries. This is what policemen should do and not 'ball sucking'! There were many funny incidents as well and one of them is involving a man from Middle-east. He has just landed at Changi Airport and he boarded a taxi to go to his hotel. He was in conversation with the taxi driver and he was talking about Singapore being clean, green and systematic and then he suddenly said the word 'finish'. The taxi driver was petrified and he quickly made his way to the TMFT with the Arab guy in his cab, knowing that there's police prescence at TMFT. When he reached the terminal, he quickly informed the police. Two police officers from the TMFT Police Post brought the guy to see the PID officers and the Arab guy were interviewed. After interviewing, the guy was found 'clean' and he was later released. I think it was just some misunderstanding between the taxi driver and the Arab guy. Haha. Damn. I am going to miss TMFT. However, this duty had made me gained 4 kg. We were on stand-by most of the time and thus, we would eat, drink, sleep, smoke and more sleep. We were on prowling at times. Today i am having my day off and gosh, i have to get back to office tomorrow. I want to cry. How i wish tomorrow would be ORD. I am left with 11 months and 16 days to ORD. Sigh! I don't want to do office work lah actually. Not my forte. And office politics is killing me. I can't work with people who suck balls too. I just detest them. Furthermore, my NS pay is damn too little and i have to pay for lots of stuff. Not fair for me! Novena is too far away from my house and i have to pay $60+ a month for bus concession. If i work at HTA, i can save $60 on bus concession because i can cycle to HTA. Then there's hand phone bill. Then there's instalment fee for iPod, $50. Driving license fee is also killing me. Then what do i eat with so little money? Shit? Fuck lah! My back is also suffering. I've got some lower back problem from playing sports. It is really painful to sit in the office in a cold air conditioned room. Painful it is but what can i do? Just sit and keep my mouth shut in pain. I want my NS experience to be a pleasant one but look at where i am now? In the office suffering. How i wish i could transfer to another division. But whatever it is, i will still serve my department with pride and dignity, without 'ball sucking'. Aight, I want to rest today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home