CRIPPLER'S LAIR

Only God Can Judge Me

Thursday, February 15, 2007

PDL

Yes!! I finally received, or should i say earned, a Probational Driving License for motorcycle. I finally passed practical 5.02 during my second try. I failed the first 5.02, with 18 demerit points, on the 14th Feb 2007 and passed it the next day but with some mishaps. For the second practical 5.02, things did not go out smoothly. The instructor told us to go for a trial run right after warm0-up. Every thing went smoothly until i reaced the emergency brake section. I was the first rider and i was damn confident with my emergency brake. When the instructor gave me the signal to proceed, i release the clutch half-way and opened the throttle to get the biting point. The bike inched forward and finally moved off. I open the throttle violently and it accelerated quickly. Then i went on to gear 2 and finally gear 3. I realised i was doing 45km/h and the permitted speed to do emergency brake for class 2B is 30-35km/h. I did not want to slow down because it would disrupt the braking. Thus, i continued to cruise at 45km/h. When i reaced the white line where i was supposed to close throttle, i told myself that i could execute the emergency brake. I closed the throttle wildly and jammed my front brake hard. To my horror, the front tyre locked and i skidded. The road at that area was of no help as the instructors wet the floor with water and soap. I could still remember in slow motion the moment when the bike skidded. The bike fell to it's right and i was pinned down to the ground whilts the bike still moving, scraping the floor. When the bike finally stopped, i realised i was far away from the bike. I could have broken my arm if not for my falling technique i learned from Rugby. I did not stick out my right arm to break the fall. Instead, i fell hard on my upper arm, which cushioned the impact of my fall. Phew! The instructors went to me to ask whether i was fine. I quickly stood up and acted like nothing had happened. Haha. Frankly speaking, there was not any pang or bruises. Anyway, i am used to heavy knocks whilst playing rugby. I picked up the bike and i scooted away to the End Line. My confidence was immediately and immensely shaken. It felt like as if i did not want to continue with the test. I took a deep breath and smiled. I told myself to treat the test like a leisure ride and soon, i was calm again. I finally passed with only 10 demerit points in the actual run. Haha. Damn funny. Will that discourage me from riding? Hell no! I went back to the my office eventhough i was on leave because i wanted to patronise the gym. When i reached the office, i realised i had migraine. It was pretty awful. I wanted to throw up and the whole world was spinning before my eyes. I had to cancel my gym session due to this migraine. I guess i might have gotten it due to the fall during my bike practical. It could have been a whiplash of my neck that caused the migrane. I took a quick nap to alleviate the pain in my head. The pain just would not go away even after the nap. I decided to just endure the pain until i got home. Haha. Aight, chill out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rugby is cool...

absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
outlaw all sports...
.

6:46 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home