CRIPPLER'S LAIR

Only God Can Judge Me

Monday, July 10, 2006

Nostalgia

Every time i look back at my JC life, it will draw a smile on my face. What have i done so far in college? Nothing! Haha. In J1, i didn't study at all. My day in college from morning until night but i didn't study at all. In the morning, classes would start as normal and when the school bell rang, to the basketball court my friends and i would go to. No, we didn't play basketball but soccer. This was our habit for the whole of our J1. Then, when preliminary exam was just around the corner, we started to panick but eventually, most of us managed to be promoted to J2. My results were pretty bad. B for C-Maths, E for Physics, F for Economics, B4 for Malay and C5 for General Paper. Haha. When came J2, i started to play Rugby for the college. The training was tough. I planned to mug but due to the taxing rugby training, my plannings were all futile. I ended sleeping for my study period. I came to school just to slack and play rugby. When the rugby A division season was about to begin, we started to slack in our academics even more. I would come to school and then straight to the Malay Cultural Society room to slack, smoke and sleep. Couple of my rugby mates would cramp the room and when it was sleeping time, i swear the room would resemble packed tunas, except for the tomato sauce. Haha. This bad habit ended when the rugby season was over. After that, it was time to study for A level but most of us thought it was too late. Most of the rugby guys didn't do well but most managed to get to the universities except me. I repeated but at least i didn't regret repeating. It was fruitful. During my J3, i studied hard to make up for the 2 years of shenanigans. It was really difficult studying for the 2 years of work that i missed but in the end it paid off. Haha. I eventually learned that procrastination is really the thief of time. Along the way, i found out that Economics is really an interesting subject and if i were given an opportunity to study Economics in university, i would grab the opportunity without looking back. I wasted a year of my life but that one year really taught me some useful lessons. I really miss mugging in college and i really miss mathematics. When you are young, you can afford to make mistakes but along the way, you must learn not to repeat them. There is a saying, 'Why make the same mistake when there are plenty of other mistakes to make?' However, i encourage others to minimise in making mistakes. It is fine to make mistake. After all, human learn best from mistakes. To err is human. Anyway, the day in the office was pedestrial. Nothing much happened. We didn't do much work and all we talked about today was about the upcoming Bali trip. I am damn excited about the trip. It'll be my first time visiting Bali. The first thing i would do when i reach Bali is to look for a massage parlour. My aching body needs a traditional Javanese massage. After hard knocks i've gotten from playing rugby, i admit my body has taken it's toll. That is one of the reasons why i quit playing rugby this year. I really miss rugby. And the next thing i would do in Bali is to slack in the beach and sun tan. Maybe i'll go for a swim. I hope Tsunami would not strike or terrorists would not bomb the place. Haha. I went to the gym today and it was tiring. The gym regime of mine just started and the first session was just a warm up. I need to condition myself first before hitting the dumb bells. Italy won the world cup. I was hoping that France would lift the cup but in the end, the Azzures took it. The best team won i guess. I hope Gattuso would go to Manchester United to beef up the midfield. Manchester will, and i swear they will, win the next season Premier League, FA cup, Champions League and World Club Cup. Haha. I'm thinking of buying a Man Utd jersey for myself. Should i buy? Errr...okay, i guess i'll buy in the next pay day. Sian. NS allowance is really not enough. I can't even feed the stray cats at the void deck with my pay. Sheesh. I hope time will pass pretty quickly for NS. I can't wait for ORD. I have a long way to go. I shall just take it easy. Live my NS life a day at a time. 6th September 2007 here i come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home