CRIPPLER'S LAIR

Only God Can Judge Me

Friday, July 07, 2006

Appointment With Death

Today was a tiring day even though i didn't do much work in the office. Due to dragon boat training in the afternoon, my department operated half-day today. It has been eons ago since i participated in any sea sports. I was damn excited. Most of the SIRD personnel went for the dragon boat training and it was an enriching experience. The training was horrendous because most of us couldn't and didn't know how to paddle properly. I was seated at the back of the boat with Soon Teck and i swear if it wouldn't be for the two of us, the boat wouldn't move at all. Just look at Ram, the babble mouth crap talker guy. He talks so much but paddle like a pussy. We paddled from Singapore Dragon Boat Association (SDBA) to the Benjamin Shear bridge. I predicted that we would require 200 strokes or so to reach the bridge and i was absolutely correct. Gosh, those dragon boat and kayaking training for my secondary school made me memorised the amount of strokes needed to get to the bridge. Actually you can take lesser amount of strokes, say 150 or so, if you really whip a good paddle and ofcourse, the rowers must paddle in a concerted effort and synchronise their movement. Dragon boating is not that difficult. It was damn tiring i tell you because it seemed only Soon Teck, Shafiq,Edwin, Rizal and I were paddling. We threw Ram, Shafiq and William into the sea and they were total wackos. Haha. After dragon boat, i showered and hurried to Clementi MRT station to meet up with Jolene to pass her my C-Maths notes. Why on Earth she wanted the notes? I'm not sure too. I had a close encounter with death the other day whilst i was walking down the gradient near NPPK. I was sauntering happily when suddenly a big dog, i'm not sure which breed, lashed out at me. It came running and barking like devil towards me and my instinct told me to side step and so i did. I was in shock too. Amidst side stepping, i went onto the road and a taxi was just behind me. Lucky for me the taxi driver managed to swerve on time to avoid hitting me. I couldn't imagine what my life would be if i were involved in an accident. God, i pray to thee to protect me. Amin! Yeap, JJC Malaygangstars will be having a soccer match tomorrow and i hope we will emerge as victors after the match. Hope so! Damn tired! Some one was sad this week. I couldn't do much to comfort her. The least i could do was to give consoling motivation. She is doing some soul searching and i think it is normal for humans to do soul searching. I underwent one myself. I hope she get well and happy soon. Don't cry. Even with clipped wings, Angels can still fly. :) Aight. Time for me to sleep. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home