CRIPPLER'S LAIR

Only God Can Judge Me

Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Honcho Of Honchos

Guess what i have done earlier? Haha. I've actually added a comment on Nicholas Sparks' official website, www.nicholassparks.com . I'm a big fan of Nicholas Sparks' novels and i hope to write well just like him. I hope my standard of English is good but i must admit that i too create mistakes here and there. This is what i wrote on Nicholas Sparks website:

In this contemporary epoch, people disregard the beauty of love stories because of the tenacity and pace of our lives. People also tend to be entertained the most through violence, sex and rowdy music and thus, there is a decline in demand for love stories. This trend speaks a great volume of the people's current weird, sick and insensitive behaviour towards themselves and the environment around them. I must really thank Nicholas Sparks for shining ray of love and hope unto our societies. In this century, what we really need is more love and not more shenanigans. I come from Singapore and during my school days, I have a mean reputation because I am a Rugby player. However, ever since I read my first Sparks' book, A Walk To Remember, my interest for love novel grows. My friends ridiculed me for reading love novels. I am an avid fan of Nicholas Sparks' masterpieces and i have read all of his books. However, what dissatisfied me is that most of Sparks' novels are too ideal and not realistic. Nowadays, Sparks' new books like At First Sight and True Believer have a similar trend or ideas from his previous novels. From my perspective, this is a problem because i am afraid that his upcoming books will be pedestrial. Having said that, i hope Mr Sparks will do something about this problem, if it is a problem at all in the first place. Other than that, kudos to Nicholas Sparks for his brilliance and i must admit that he is the honcho of love novel.

Haha. I hope this comment get published. Anyway, today's soccer match at Punggol soccer field was horrendous. Firstly, the opposition team did not have sufficient players and we have to play eight-a-side match. It was damn taxing. Secondly, we let in 3 goals in the first half. Thirdly, our match was disrupted half way by an ugly accident. One of the oppositions contested for a ball with Hanan and he fell right outside the penalty box but it was not a foul at all. Hanan went for the lose ball when the guy was down on the floor. However, that guy managed to pull himself up and recontested for the ball again but this time, instead of getting the ball, he got a dislocated elbow. It was damn bad. We have to call Alpha-Bravo (the ambulance). Guess what? One of the SCDF medic is my friend, Benjamin, who was from my former class, 03S28. He was surprised too seeing me in Punggol. After the guy was ferried away to the nearest hospital, we carried on with the match. From 3 goals down, we went level in the second half. It was 4 goals each and we have to proceed with penalty showdown to seperate the victors from losers. Unfortunately, my team was the loser. Fadly took the first penalty for my team and his shot was stopped. Second penalty taker was me and i let my team down again and again by missing yet another penalty. How many more do i have to miss? I'm such a loser in taking penalties. Just not my forte but atleast the ball didn't sail away from the goal post this time around. The goalkeeper managed to parry away my shot. We will have another match next week. Aight, i will log out now. Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home