CRIPPLER'S LAIR

Only God Can Judge Me

Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Laceration

Yesterday's soccer match was fine. My team won with a score of 4 to 1. I was one of the goal scorers. It was early in the game where the score was even at nil. We had a corner and one of my team mate placed the ball to take it whilst the opponents were congregating at the penalty box busy marking my team mates. No body was marking me and i was standing somewhere 20 metres outside the penalty box. No body was marking me and thus i decided to run towards my team mate who was about to take the corner kick. He passed me the ball and without any hesitation, i lined up for the shot and it was a first time shot. The ball sailed towards the right end of the goal post and the opponent couldn't do any thing about the shot. Still, i believe my strength in soccer is my powerful and accurate shooting skill. Again, i celebrated alone after the goal. I do not know why people don't celebrate my goals. Maybe because they are jealous? Haha. Just jesting. In the second half, i was a defender and i swear i faultered alot of times. I'm used to playing as a defensive midfielder and defending is not my forte. The opponent's only goal was due to my stupid mistake. While we were busy attacking, our opponent managed to entercept a ball and they quickly countered us. Imran was with the ball dribbling infront of me. I quickly launched a sliding tackle which went horribly wrong. Imran decided to jump over me to avoid any clash but the blades of his boots caught my face and all i could remember was a loud knock i received. The next second i knew was that i was on the floor. Being used to heavy knocks due to rugby, i managed to shake off the knock and amidst that, i thought to myself, 'I've experience this before and i don't know when.' I swear if seemed like dejavu. I got up and the next thing i knew i tasted blood. I touched my lips and discovered blood and a lacerated upper lip. I told the referee that i've got laceration and the referee told me to stop playing. If it wasn't for the referee, i would have continued playing. Anyway, i sauntered back to the sport pavillion and i quickly took my wallet and handphone and headed to Tan Tock Seng Hospital. 3.5 hours after my hospital admission, i received my stitching and i was damn painful. It took the doctor, a Tagalog lady by the name of Malanie Matteo, 9 stitches to seal up my bust up lip. It was devastating. The doctor told me the injury will leave a scar. I'll look different. So sad. But what an experience it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home