CRIPPLER'S LAIR

Only God Can Judge Me

Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Testimonial

There's no rugby match like the college testimonial rugby match. What do i have to prove? I wanted to prove to my juniors especially the current j2s that i'm not a lousy player like i were in the A division season. I was bugged with multiple injuries and that affected my A division season. Like i said, this testimonial match involved proving many people wrong. I wanted to prove to coach that i am a good rugby player as well as a guy who is versatile. I don't want to be the average Joe and i swear to God i have proven others wrong. The testimonial match was on Thursday and every body couldn't wait for it. The thrash talking and taunting went on even 1 month before the match. The heat was on on Thursday. After months without playing rugby, we were excited to put on our rugby boots, well at least some people have the actual rugby boots. This match totally differentiated the pristine ruggers from the posers. The match went pretty smooth. I started as the no. 8 man after Cong Han wanted to play as the fly-half. Few minutes later, he decided to swoop position. This is my second time in my life playing as a fly-half. I was nervous at first but soon my confidence overshadowed my nervousness. We played 3 sets of 20 minutes and boy i did survived the 3 sets. It was taxing i tell you. Hmm...since i was the make-shift fly-half, i didn't know that much moves and so i sticked to simple moves as my backline wasn't that rock solid yet. Oh, by the way, i was playing for the j1 as well as Hamid, Zaid and Nicholas. I was shouting my lungs out throughout the 3 sets because i was pretty annoyed with my forwards. They were not rucking and gaining possesion but i have to admit i was pretty impressed with their tackling. At least their tackling seemed better than the j2's when the j2's were at the j1's stage at this time of the year last year. I have to run a lot in this match because my scrum-half didn't feed me with good balls. The balls that were given to me were awfully slow and i have little time to kick or execute the next move as the opponent's line of defence went up to me pretty fast. Basically i controlled the game for j1. Each time i failed to execute a move with the backline due to poor ball service from the no. 9, i would run with the ball. I gained many grounds with those runs. Boy, i was happy with my runs because i managed to side-step, do the 360 degrees turn and crash unto people. How about my kicking then. I decided not to kick far because i know if i kick far, my accuracy will be gone. Thus, i kicked for touch to gain only few metres. I was the dirtiest player too because i was the guy with the most late lift tackles. I lift tackled Alex, Kai Cheng and even Freddy. The feeling was good. I even attempted the drop kick was the kick was awful. Later in the match, my team was slapped with yet another set back because Cong Han went down injured. Later the next day, we found out that he had fractured his ankle. Ouch!! Aidil came down to watch the match after finishing his work at KILNS. The match ended with my team losing but the loss wasn't a big deal. Ofcourse, the j2's are better but in the end, everybody was the real winner. But i have to praise the j1 for their bravery for putting a tough fight for the j2. Matthew played too after a long abscence from the sport due to shoulder injury. Well, the match was tarnished with a bad incident nearing to the end of the game. I actually clubbed Jo Wee's back and he was furious with me and who wouldn't? Rite? But what the fuck! If you mess with me, you will sure to get it. Do i regret doing it? Hell no but i'm sorry about it because obviously he did nothing against me. Well, let's put all those in the game and let it be history. Well, i was surprised to see some body online yesterday after a long abscence. She added me in her msn list. It's been a while since i last chatted with her. I think i was at fault too because i was such a sore loser. I even gave her a cold shoulder treatment. I guess the misunderstanding between us has been cleared and she even said sorry about the incident the other day at my blog. I should be the one saying sorry all these while. What ever it is, i'm glad it is over. After all, i have to see her everyday in my life for another 4 months. Obviously i want to leave the college with good memories. Well at least i have proved that Murphy's law is so true! Haha. To that guy over there who once went to school wearing a blue tie looking like a businessman wannabe and who totally thinks he could step on my head multiple times and who also thinks he is a Saint but in actual fact he is just a Satanic twirp, who is having the last laugh now? I'm not afraid even if you take out your hockey stick because i'll just run and crash you through! Well, for now, we are both even. I have got nothing against him now! Well, i'm said to say that Miss Tie, our economic teacher, will be leaving us even before the A level. This will be a very sad moment for us because she is the best teacher in school. Even though she's notoriously fierce, it means she cares for us. There's a saying that days if somebody scolds you, it means her or she cares for you. What ever it is, i want to get at least a B for econs for her and for myself. I promise!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks. (: for that bit. mm hope you don't hate me anymore yep. ah and as for him, er he's not in hockey. was in badminton. twenty pointer. got into SA thru some connection/badminton. so really, you shouldn't have felt threatened by him at all. (:

9:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home